Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our Final Days in Oregon

One thing I remember really enjoying the last time I visited Oregon was the tide pools. This trip Dana and Tammy searched high and low for a tide pool to show us. I had already gotten the kids so excited about them. They finally stumbled across one the next morning as we were headed south on the coast. It was a good one with copious amounts of starfish, crabs and sea anemone. Yet another marvel. It was the toughest thing to peal those suckers (literally) off. You almost had to sneak up on them and catch them off guard. Tammy managed to get one and Zack and Maddie were able to tolerate holding them for a picture.
After spending some time there, we headed into Newport to visit the little shops. We stopped in a few galleries and one of them was a glass blowing shop. It was nifty to watch her create these glass balls from scratch. Quite a skill.
A few totally random pictures:

Everytime I visit T&D, they show us amazing things. They are so generous with their time, money and resources. You really could not hope for better friends and I must have done something very right in my previous life to deserve such dear people in my life. Everytime I visit, Dana purchases a souvenier for me. This time it was a beautiful glass blown ball that we shall hang on our Christmas tree every year.

This is a gosh awful pic of me, but I wanted the world to know that I do workout on vacation!

2 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I totally understand blogging hiatus's--you even have a FUN reason!
No word yet on biggest loser--so maybe. I got my video in a little over a week ago! IF it is RIGHT then I will be IN it. For now--I signed up for my first race...it is a BIG 2 miles, in 3 weeks. I threw up the first day. Now I can run about half of that.... BUT running is NOT my forte--even in my in shape years!!!!!! ha ha ha

So Oregon...we have been looking into moving there? What do you think? How is the church?

Jen said...

You guys sure packed a lot into your week in Oregon!!