Monday, November 22, 2010

Volleyball Fever

This is Maddie’s second season of volleyball. She really enjoys it and is improving with each practice. It’s time-consuming as is most sports but I’m so happy that she has found one that fits her.

Last season she had a great coach that was all about helping the girls have fun. He was a quirky man that gave the girls nicknames. This season her coach is a bit more serious and attempts to teach the team players how to improve on the skill. I applaud them both for taking time out of their lives to support their daughters’ and take an active roll in the youth. I am grateful that they are available to teach Maddie! For her September birthday all she wanted was a volleyball net. We found one that was a pretty good deal and brought it home to find that it didn’t even fit in our yard, it was so big! We don’t practice like we should at home, but I catch Maddie, more often than not, lying on her bed kicking that volleyball up and down in the air. I hope she continues to get much joy from the sport.

No comments: