We've had a crazy couple of weeks. I worked a graveyard Saturday night and that always gets me behind a bit. But we are alive, healthy and happy so what more could we ask for?!
Friday evening Graham and Maddie had parties to attend to so Mike and I treated ourselves, and our sweet Zack, to a Chinese buffet. Buffet's are never really a good idea but so tempting! Zack is just a joy to be with and it was nice to have him one on one. Saturday Mike took the boat out by his lonesome for the first time. I had to work and the kids were gone to their mom's so it was a perfect bachelor opportunity. He was a little uneasy about accidently flipping the boat and not having anyone around to help him get it out of the water. He didn't flip and had a great time! We also managed to fit in some shopping and get some free BBQ at a boat trade show. Yum! I survived the graveyard shift and we had a relaxing Sunday with church and NAPS.

So Mike and I played hooky on Monday. We ended up running errands and doing a little shopping. September and October are big birthday months for us so we had to get all that taken care of. One of our errands was to visit the teacher's lounge at the kids elementary school. I saw it the other day while working at the book fair and loved, loved, loved the decor. Of course I'm not creative enough to come up with it on my own. We rushed over to Lowe's to buy supplies and I've not hardly looked up since the project began. We are finally done and we love it! Here is a picture of our masterpiece. I'll try to send a better one later as this one came from my phone.

And for the most exciting news of the week.... I'm an aunt again! The world has been blessed with another beautiful Van Horn baby. This is Aaron's first and he's pretty smitten with her. We hope to meet Amelia Grace very soon and smother her with hugs and kisses!
2 comments:
so...you are alive after all. :) j/k. likfe is hectic and keeping up with the blog is difficult sometimes. but we love hearing from your side of the pond. and new babies seem to abound right now. my cousin just had a baby and my sister- in-law is about to pop...delicious!!!!
BEAUTIFUL baby girl!! And your brother looks just the same! ;o)
Post a Comment