Mike is out of town tonight and I thought it was my chance to finally get to sleep earlier than usual. Then I started feeling guilty about my poor abandoned blog. I thought of my dear friends who really deserve an update. So I'm sacrificing my beauty sleep (which I really could use these days) for YOU! Here goes the run down of the many wonderful things that have been happening lately. No pictures tonight, so sorry.
- In March we celebrated several birthdays, one of which was Graham's 14th! We survived another all nighter at the skating rink. I skipped the races as I'm finally figuring out what is causing the body aches the next day. Mike, on the other hand has not figured it out just yet. That, and he had an awful lot of peer pressure from Graham and his buddies. Graham is a great teenager. He has been showing some signs of maturity lately, trying hard to get along with his siblings and working hard on school work and getting that darn Eagle.
- Finally after years of "someday!" I have a real live working vegetable garden. When we bought our washer and dryer we got a Lowe's gift certificate. Mike was so selfless and let me spend it all on garden gear. I'm not sure who was more excited between me and Graham. He has taken over the garden like it's his precious child. He's been real good at watering it and weeding it everyday. Oh, and analyzing it's new growth every single day!! I will show pictures sooner or later as we are very proud of it's progress.
- Mike and the kids planned and held a big Spring Break bash here at the house last week. We had 13 kids here on a Friday night! Crazy!! We served fajitas and hot dogs on the grill and they ate around the fire pit, then made smores. The night was spent with a Super Smash Brother Brawl tournament on the Wii, Rock Band on the XBox and finally we ended the night with an American Idol contest on the karaoke. Most everyone participated and were such great sports as Mike and I judged. We wondered why none of the parents (our friends) stayed to party with us, then we realized.....duh, free sitter and date night opportunity. Fun was had by all!
- I'm probably making a huge mistake posting this on my blog for all to see, but here goes. I'm training myself for a 5K! (someday.) I've been wanting to be a big jogger for years and just never have succeeded with any of my attempts. In junior high, someone told me that I ran wrong and since that day I've not had much confidence in my running skills. I read my friends' blog (the Bergers) quite often and they are always training for something. It's very inspiring and encouraging! I've been telling Mike all along that I wish I was more motivated like that. Well, Mike, as sweet as he is, bought me new (for real) running shoes the other day. The spendy kind that reflect and everything. That got me pumped! I did some research online to try to find the best training plan and found one that just might work for poor-out-of-shape-me. I'm on day 3 and feel GREAT! Granted, I'm jogging a mere 1 minute inbetween 6 minute power walks. But it really is doing some amazing things to my energy level and mood. I hope I can keep it up. I'm aiming for a 5k in May... yikes!
It's good to be back to the blogging world and hope I can keep it up!
4 comments:
share your training plan! i, like you, wish that i was just more motivated to jog (notice that i didn't say run...)...too bad we don't live closer, we could be joggin' buddies. :) we've got a treadmill that my mom bought me after collin was born and i use it pretty regularly, but i wish that there was someone there yelling at me to work harder--like a trainer (oh for some extra money--lots of extra money!)
glad to see you've come back! i really did miss you...and hey, if you ever have an urge to just buy one of those cute t-shirts--go right ahead! ;)
and also...i know that invited you to that good mail blog..you still need to put your profile on there. get to it!
Chelle,
We would love to see you at the end of this month, and you give us way too much credit...
Good for you for training! And yes...share your training plan! Do you do it on a treadmill (the walking 6 min, jogging 1 min thing)?!
Chelle, way to go you will love it especially when you do your 5k. My daughter and I did the Spanish Fork 5K and LOVED IT!!!! Although we didn't finish first we did finsh and enjoyed every painful moment and the days that followed. Every step reminded us what we had set out to do and accomplished. Keep up the jogging you'll love it.
Post a Comment