Here's a little update:
My garden is about shot. We've reaped the benifits of having fresh broccoli, green/red peppers, hot peppers, beans, zuchini, tomatoes galor and finally sunflower seeds. Last night after FHE, we plucked our sunflower plants and got tons of seeds to roast. We let them soak over night and they are drying this morning. We will roast them this afternoon and enjoy our yummy snack! Amazing how productive a garden can be. I'm seriously considering planting in the Fall for a different assortment of veggies. Here is a pic of the boys pulling out seeds.



I have to humble myself and tell you the story of the lost iPhone. It was the 4th of July and the kids were with their mom. Mike and I decided to hang out on the streets with all the other crazies to watch the Pearland firework display. They were very entertaining. So much so that I just walked off without my phone. We were almost home when I got that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and realized it was missing. We sped back to the place of entertainment and found nothing. I was so upset with myself. Mike was quiet, being the gentleman that he is, but I knew inside he was having a fit. Spendy phone that should not be in the hands of someone so absentminded as me. Anyway, we headed back home empty handed and sulking. Using Mikes phone I texted, emailed, left messages on my phone. Nothing. We got home and still nothing. All the while I'm getting more and more irritated that obviously someone found it and has not returned it. I started complaining about the young punks these days who have no respect for other people and oh, how could someone be so selfish. After about an hour or so Mike's phone rang as someone was calling from MY phone. When I answered, they hung up. Oh I was steaming!! Kept complaining about the PUNKS! Finally another little while, a man called and said he had the phone and we needed to come pick it up. When we got there I was all nervous. I had my hand on the 911 button as Mike walked up to the door of the punk's house. When the door opened there was an older man handing the phone to Mike and then a wee one, not older then 2, came up to the door reaching out saying "my phone, my phone." Ouch. That punk was a little guy that thought he just found the perfect toy out on the street. I was humbled indeed. Found the phone intact with a few pictures of who-knows-what. Poor little guy.
I'm taking piano lessons this summer. It's never to late to learn piano, right? I actually taught myself to play but never learned the right finger placement. We've lost all but one of our regular piano players in church so I thought it was time to step up to the plate. I'm pretty excited! It's tough to erase the bad habits that I've formed but when I get it right it's such a good feeling of accomplishment. I hope to be playing for RS after the summer. Yikes!
Mike and Graham headed off to summer camp during the second week of July. Maddie and Zack went to Grandma and Grandpa Feidler's. I was elated that I had a week all to myself. Monday I didn't waste any time. I got my face waxed (am I stinkin' the only one that has to do that?!) got a pedicure, shopped a little, read a little. At the end of the day I was lounged on the couch watching TV. I was bored, I was lonely. Needless to say, Tuesday I headed out to Lake Jackson to be with my mommy! She and I worked ourselves to the bone cleaning the shed out back and the garage in front. It felt good to get something productive done! Maddie and Zack were ready to come home by Thursday so I left Lake Jackson with my 12 and 15 year old nieces, Ciara and Cheyenne, and headed to pick up my kiddos.
That night the real fun began. We built a fire in the firepit and had fajitas. My nieces showed me how they cooked on the fire just the week before at young women's camp. We stayed up all hours of the night. The next day we headed out to see the San Jacinto Monument and Battleship of Texas. I'd been there before but it's always fun to see and learn something new. Then we headed out to Kemah boardwalk for some lunch and entertainment. We ate BIG at the Saltgrass then helped ourselves to a little Marble Slab. After our tummies settled we went crazy with the rides and roller coasters. Zack and Ciara were our little dare devils for the night. I'll share pictures. It was so nice to spend time with my nieces. Oh I love them so!!









Mike and Graham returned home safely at the end of the week. Another year's camping out of the way for Mike. Camping is not his favorite passtime. But he was a good sport and doesn't complain about his heat rash too much! Plus he got to bring his catamaran this year so he really was a happy man!
So is anyone as excited as me about the return of school??!! Yeah, yippy! I have so many projects on hold! I'll try to do better with the posting. Thanks Trista for keeping me in line!
1 comment:
ok, just b/c i don't comment to you about your needing to post, doesn't mean that i don't check your blog pretty regularly in hopes of finding some new tidbit of excitement in the Fielder home...tonight i was not disapointed! yippee for me!
fun times for you. and i must say that i'm sure that the only thing my dad would be jealous about texas is that you can pretty much have a grden year-round....we loved enjoying the spoils of my parents garden but are naturally limited to just the summer. we're just now enjoying peas(those are donw) and lettuce. the beands have been planted and the pumpkins are thriving. as well as the chard and carrots are growing...and the tomatoes...but we don't get to enjoy any of it for a month or so.
i was just telling brook that we need to find some way of getting together...impossible, i know, especially with school starting
collin starts kindergarten next month and i am crazed with excitement for him! but enouhg of this...it is almost my own post!
Post a Comment