Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zack's Saturday

So much for sleeping in on Saturdays! Those were the days. This morning we were up at the break of dawn for, of all things, soccer pictures. After we had had just about all the fun we could, we returned home for a breakfast of champions. Health rings (donuts) and scrambled eggs. I'll be darn if I'm going to let my Zack play soccer without a little bit of protein. Then it was soccer time! This was his team's second game but we missed the first one so we were pretty stoked. They played good and hard, but lost by 2. Zack had a great time and that's really the point. I had forgotten how nerve racking it was to watch youngsters play soccer. I'm not even going to pretend that I could do better. It sure was fun to watch! The kids have gone off with their mother and Mike and I are quite literally sitting on the couch wondering what in the world we are going to do with the rest of our 24 hours. Pitiful. I tried so hard to get him to buy those Foreigner concert tickets for tonight, but the economy is holding us back. We have a couple of hours before session 2 of conference begins. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great soccer pics! I'm so glad I was able to pull you out of your boredom Sat nite with my little sewing project. :-) That will teach you not to complain out loud that you have nothing to do! It turned out great and I loved getting to spend some quality time watching a movie at your house while you guys did all the work. Thanks for all!