Anybody know what the heck I'm talking about?
So the other day I had to go pee. I was minding my own business, doing my thing, when I smelled something "just not right." The thoughts that quickly went through my head started with thinking there was something dead in the bathroom, then I realized it was my pee! Then I wondered if this is the pee smell of a pregnant woman (not) then I started to worry if I had some kind of kidney infection or heaven to Betsy, I had some serious disease.
Trying to ignore it, I finished up my thang and went on with life.
Next day it happened again!! What the heck?!
I went into the office to consult with Mike. He immediately said, "Asparagus." Yes, come to think of it, I did fix a little of the veggie the other day. Then had it again for left overs during lunch. After quickly pushing that lame excuse aside I said, "You only say that 'cause you hate anything that is green and is called a vegetable. You are just bitter."
To prove his point he went straight to the all-knowing source of Google. AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! My husband is a genuis.
"Asparagus, a green vegetable belonging to the lily family, has one notorious side effect for some diners who eat enough of it. Within a half-hour of asparagus consumption, some people notice their urine has acquired a very pungent odor, often compared to rotting cabbage, ammonia or rotten eggs. The effects of asparagus on urine are generally fleeting and harmless, but it's not necessarily the consumer's finest hour, bodily excretion-wise."What is it that my momma always told me? Ya learn something new everyday. Well, today was very educational!
5 comments:
A little bit of TMI, but oh so funny!!
Sugar Smacks do the same thing...just ask Brett
Good to know, unbelievable, but good to know. Tell Deni that my brother Dan would say about this . . . .
"www.tmi.com". No wonder Mike won't eat green veggies ~ he knows too much!
I knew it would be some serious TMI but I thought I owed it to all to give a heads up.
You crack me up Chelle!! Love ya!
Wow, never heard that one before! Glad you didn't have to spend your money on a co-pay at the doctor's office to figure that one out!!
Post a Comment