Around here, we have a morning routine. It works for us. Mike sets his alarm at 5ish and makes sure Graham gets off to seminary and school ok. Most times I don't even feel or hear him getting out of bed! He then comes back to bed. My alarm goes off at 6:20 and I get up for Maddie and Zack.
Breakfast is a big part of the morning for me. I hate sending kids off with poptarts or syrupy Lego my Eggo waffles, for fear that I may get that dreaded call from the nurse that they've slipped into a sugar induced coma and have become unresponsive. I remember my mom getting up for me EVERY morning and serving the most delicious and healthy breakfasts. (She was and will always be a super mom!)
TAKS weeks are no exception. In fact, it's even more important to have that breakfast of champions. Unfortunately I have to work the nights before TAKS days this week so there was the issue of an unacceptable breakfast for Maddie as she is out the door minutes before I enter our subdivision. So we gave it some thought and determined that her sweet Dad would assist in the breakfast making.
This morning I get a series of texts from Mike that goes a little something like this: "Oh boy. 'Chelle usually folds the corners of the cheese.' 'Chelle usually cuts it in half using the spatula.' I'M NOT CHELLE!! Breakfast sandwich done....."
I thought it was the cutest thing ever. And in all reality, Mike is the one that taught me the folding-over-of-the-cheese-corners trick. He stepped up to the plate, made this girl a superb breakfast sandwich and sent her on her way. I am determined that Maddie will ace this TAKS test all because of Mike's faithful daddy duties. And in case you were wondering, Zack had already eaten one too by the time I got home.
He is a a great dad!
1 comment:
I concur. He is a great Dad. Tonight, for instance, when he had the opportunity to check out some kind of deal he was hoping to make, but in the interest of time on a school night, after church activities, he opted to take a detour to the ice cream shoppe to treat the kids. That's the difference between being a father and a Dad.
I'm grateful you remember the positive things about your childhood, instead of the negative! I've often wished I had the chance to do it all over again . . . .
but sorry, I just don't have the strength.
Post a Comment