I try to serve others whenever I can. I like to make others laugh. I am a good dishwasher and like things neat and tidy. I think I'm good at organizing although you would not think it so much if you were to look in our guest room closet. I played sports when I was young and I try to stay fit by exercising frequently. I play a little piano and drums and know how to lead music. I take showers regularly and maintain good hygiene. I cycle laundry fast and know how to iron clothes. I have good phone manners and have a firm hand shake while making eye contact. I can read a recipe and cook healthy meals for my family and even make homemade bread from scratch on occasion. I call my siblings just to say hi because I love them more than words can express. So far, I have accepted all callings that have been extended to me at church because I believe it's what the Lord expects of me. I graduated from high school and went on to get a nursing degree. I have had a job since I was about 15 and consider myself a hard worker. I can keep a secret if I know it will not jeopardize the safety of others. I don't smoke or drink or swear. I make my bed almost every day. I am a good driver and try to obey the laws of the land to the best of my ability. I am a good step mother to my three kids. I could go on because I like the woman that I have become but this entry is not all about me.
I am who I am because of my mother. I remember specific things that she has taught me that have made a huge impact on my life today. She claims it is genetics and that I am more like my dad, but I claim I have a beautiful angel mother too!
Happy birthday mom! What a wonderful day I had with you and our dear sweet family. Look at all the good you have done in the world. Thank you for giving all that you give. I love you!
2 comments:
Yet another quality you forgot to mention ~ you have a habit of finding the good in most things ~ NOT something you learned from me. You give me credit incredibly beyond merit, but it makes my day that you actually believe it! Thank you for your generous words. As we approach this coming Mother's Day, my thoughts drift toward remembering the good characteristics of my own mother and mother-in-law, along with many other mothers that I admire and still learn from, especially my beautiful and amazing daughters. I am truly blessed.
Chelle, I loved reading this post, mostly because it shows what an awesome person you are. Grateful. Loving and Kind. What an awesome Mother you have developed into. I love you and your Siblings sooo much ! And your Mom....what else could we say about her.
That she has been my most incredibe bestest friend for going on 40 years now. In all my moving and traveling, doing this and that, getting into this and that, mostly trouble, your Mom has been the most stable thing in my life.
I am so Blessed to have her and her precious family in my life.
See, I did kinda watch yall grow up :)
Post a Comment