PENA'S DONUT HEAVEN!!!
Heaven help us all and our scales.
First day we all waited in such anticipation for him to get home. We just about pounced on him coming in the front door. With a bag of donuts in hand! Blue ones, pink ones, white ones, filled ones, glazed ones, twisted ones and on and on. He told us all about his training and his responsibilities. Can't you just imagine him asking customers, "Would you like ketchup, mustard or extra napkins?" And get this, he takes pride in keeping the restaurant bathrooms spotless. (Yes, I'll take credit for that, thank you very much.)
I can remember the late nights and sweat of Long John Silver's. Sweeping, mopping, degreasing tables and chairs. What we would do for a paycheck! I believe I put a ring on layaway with one of my first paychecks.
Stay tuned for Graham's first big purchase! In the meantime, I think I'll have a donut.

No comments:
Post a Comment