Maddie turned 11 in September so she had a couple of friends spend the night. Nothing monumental happens when you turn 11 except for it's just one year away from joining the young woman's program at church (it also means not being the tallest by far in the sacrament meeting primary programs!) So they kept busy with pizza, popcorn, a movie and doing what girls do best at a sleepover... stay awake forever!
Awhile ago I decorated a cake for a surprise party. It was my first cake to decorate.
I guess I learned from the best as my mom used to join forces with her friend, Annette, to make some beautiful works of art. I used to watch their technique and I guess it stuck. Maddie was dying to try it herself so I gave her some tips, leftover icing and decorating supplies and she went at it on wax paper.This year for her birthday she requested to be able to decorate her very own cake! I had to go to work the night before so I set her up with the cake, frosting and supplies. I came home the next morning to this...

No comments:
Post a Comment