Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BOO to you!

This week has been a really good one. I've not been as productive as I'd hoped, but it's been one of those weeks when everyone one gets along and all seems happy. We'll take it!

Monday night was stamp club and well, that's enough to start any week on a good note. We made some really cute cards and I'm anxious to get my order and make more, more, more! I was so close to bagging the night because I've got so much going on this week already, but my Mike was almost insistant. He talked me into it and I'm so glad. It's not often that I get out with the girls. I don't usually crave it, but it sure is a nice break when I do get out. And hey, with homework done, dinner prepared, tomorrow's lunches packed... what could it hurt?!

The other day, my sister had an activity with her kiddos that involved bringing treats to somebody's front door, ringing the doorbell, then running to prevent getting caught.... aka BOOing. Sounded like a ton of fun so we decided to do it too. Because I was gone Monday night, we decided to BOO for family home evening on Tuesday night. So after our Home Teachers left, we hopped in the car for our adventure. Maddie and I were first. We snuck up to the door, placed the goodie bag in front of the door and rang the bell. Then we ran like crazy!! Mike and the boys were waiting in the car around the corner. On the way to the car, a bug decided to hide-a-way in my mouth. I quickly spit it out... still running in my flipflops to the car. I hopped in when I realized I accidently spit on my foot. Nice.

We arrived at our second house that we so desired to BOO and discovered that they were not home. After much contimplation, we decided on another family in our church ward. On our way there, Mike noticed what appeared to be a house on fire. We were a little panicked as it looked to be in very close proximity to several members of our church ward. We found the fire, it was a house, it was going down FAST! It was so sad. Here is a picture, which you know pictures never do it justice. It was a BIG fire!
So clever me decided to bring the BOO treat bag with me as our target family was within walking distance of the house. Low and behold, we ran into the family we wanted to BOO. Then we found another family there that we could have BOO'd. We finally left the burning house as it was getting late and thought we'd drive by yet another BOO potential. Someone was stinkin' looking out the front window upstair. We were strugglin'! We decided to head back home and see if our original victims were home. They were and the kids BOO'd without getting caught AND nobody spit on their foot! Great fun!

I'm going to bite the bullet and vote today. Not going to like it!

1 comment:

Tamie said...

what a busy night you all had last night! i was just sitting here thinking that i need to go and vote early...maybe i'll do it tomorrow and get someone to watch my boys for me...i need to really do that!