Last night was a Gringos night! Mexican food sounded so very good in such icy weather. The kids had been playing outside, setting cookie sheets with water outside to watch them freeze. Sounds silly, but things really don't freeze in these parts very often. So we needed something warm in our tummies. After dinner the boys wanted to go ice skating. Are they CRAZY?!
There is a seasonal ice skating rink under the pavillion of our new outdoor mall here in Pearland. Wednesday night we went as a youth group for Mutual and they had a blast. The kids seemed to really enjoy it and the weather was tolerable. The boys had so much fun that they wanted to do it again! It was really, really cold and we couldn't understand why they wanted to torment themselves. Eventually, after much whining and gnashing of teeth, we were finally persuaded. We had to stop off at a store and get Zack a coat. Really, the warm blooded boy hardly ever needs one, but this night was an exception. I thought we were going to drop them off then head over to a neighboring store for some hot chocolate. Apparently that wasn't Mike's agenda. He felt he needed to stick around and watch. After about 1 minute, I couldn't bear it any longer! Am I a whimp or WHAT?!
I relinquished my cap, gloves and scarf to the boys and spent the next hour in the warm car. I don't regret one minute of it!

And the boys had a blast!
When we got home, we watched a little news. We learned that we were experiencing about 28 degrees. Then I was a little humbled to hear that some areas of the country were suffering through -17 degree weather. Ok, I'll take what we got and keep my mouth shut.
1 comment:
That looks like so much fun!! Poor Maddie missed out. I remember when I used to be strong and energetic. I guess that ship has sailed, but nothing can stop me from enjoying watching others who are still able. What sacrifices good parents make for their kiddos.
Post a Comment