Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big Trouble

I'm in big trouble with my mother-in-law. She says I'm supposed to be blogging every week. Yikes, I'm a bit behind.

We are all in big trouble. Graham turned 16 on Thursday! He has not quite finished driver's training (crazy, I know!) therefore he is not driving alone just yet. His Nana bought him a car and he's gotten a sneak preview, but it is not in his possession until he gets that sweet plastic card that says he is legal.
I remember experiencing that sweet freedom the day I turned 16. It was magical. I don't remember what we did to celebrate... Mom, do you remember? Anyways, I'm baffled that Graham is not knocking down doors to drive and go on dates. Guess I should be grateful?

Graham didn't know what to do for his big 16 so he settled for a bike ride with the family and a trip to the Angleton Recreation Center with Jen and kids then to Nana Chris' for dinner and ice cream cake. Wasn't his original plan, but since he didn't have one, we made one up for him. I think we all had a great time.

He scored a car and big cash. Can't get much better than that. Now if we could just talk him into going on a double with me and Mike....

Mike here! I just Hi-jacked this blog to add some pics
Graham is sooo setup! Here is his sweet car:
NisaanSentra
and it even has an Aux jack to plug in his new iPod Touch!
iPodTouch
Ok, Hi Jack over.... I'm out.

2 comments:

Tamie said...

holy moley! you guys are soooooo not that old a 16 year-old....i'm kind having little heart palpitations at the thought of an 8 year-old next year (but thankfully, i've got a hole year to freak out about it) and a CAR....good grief, yeah, i would say that he got a little spoiled this year (but you really only turn 16 once so....)
glad to see that you are actually *in* bloggland -- even if only for a brief stop :)

Chris said...

Chelle, I don't recall ANY of my kids' license reactions, but I remember mine like it was yesterday (or at least last week). I distinctly recall the feeling of "freedom, at last!" I was not as calm and indifferent as Graham seems to be ~ I couldn't sleep and kept asking myself if it was real ~ better than Christmas!! As the eldest of our children, poor Melissa was excited for about a week, then after taking my place as the new and improved taxi driver, the new wore off pretty quickly. Running errands like grocery store, taking younger siblings to school/church/sports/friends/etc took the fun out of it. Sorry, Missy. Once Graham realizes the value of it, you'll have a new-found leverage. Congrats to all of you. Happy Parenting!