I can't keep up with life, let alone this blog! There has been so much going on these days and with our sweet, sweet baby Myka now having entered this crazy world, I am very behind on blogging. And with good excuse! My head has been in a fog for the last 4 months. Sleep deprivation isn't for cowards. So here is a smorgasbord of happenings as of late.
We are dreading Myka's 4 month checkup with immunizations and all. She is still waking every 3 hours or so for feedings but we might be getting into some resemblance of a sleep pattern. It still needs a lot of work. At home she is weighing around 15+ pounds!! Momma can't believe she is getting so big already. Maddie and Zack are a huge help! They are always willing to hold her or keep her occupied while I slip off to brush my teeth or run a quick errand. I don't know what I would do without them. Mike get's his evening loves with baby, insisting that she loves the big theater screen. He is good at getting some sweet smiles out of her. Sure we might have been on vacation right about now if she hadn't have come along, but we are so very thankful she did. She has changed our lives for the better already!
Graham is thriving on his mission. I'm blogging his letters and correspondences on Mondays (P-day) so that at the end of his mission we will be able to print out a book for him. You can check out more happenings on Elder Feidler at www.grahamsbest2years.blogspot.com. His first companionship was rough but he made it until the first transfer and is now enjoying his second companion a great deal. The work is moving along for him and he seems to really be enjoying his time in Washington.
Maddie and Zack are enjoying their summer, mostly doing nothing. They've taken an occasional dip in our community pool, had a friend over, seen a movie or two but mostly just hang around the house playing with their electronics. Maddie is very much looking forward to school starting as this involves seeing her friends again and getting back into choir action. Zack, not so much.
Mike has been super duper busy at work. He is still very much dedicated and sits at his desk in the corner of our room working away. Busy work brings in a whole new kind of stress but I think it's better than the stress of no work at all. He makes a very good living doing what he likes and is good at it. His part time work has been tending to me and Myka.
I decided to have foot surgery this summer. I've been battling foot pain for over a year and no less invasive, alternative measures seemed to work so it was down to going under the knife. I joked that it was the only way I could get some good sleep but I seriously didn't realize the tough recuperation. I have been unable to walk on my foot for a bit over two weeks, using crutches and a scooter due to so much bruising and swelling causing a good amount of pain. I've only started walking in a boot the last couple of days. Still painful but the show much go on. I have had a tremendous amount of support and help from my family as well as church members. I hope to be back to normal with nothing holding me back in about 3 months or so.
I promise to try to do better with blogging!!
No comments:
Post a Comment